15 Ways to Manage your Solid Waste
Solid waste should be managed properly. It could be recycled and even converted into money. Environmental problems would be lessened through proper waste management. People should have discipline in disposing garbage in the right place.
The following are 15 ways to meaningfully manage your solid maste:
1. Do not burn your waste materials; instead make a hole to put your garbage.
2. Segregate your waste into biodegradable and non-biodegradable materials.
3. Your peeled fruits and vegetables can be used as fertilizer for the plants.
4. Recycle your biodegradable materials (like cartons, bottles, papers, and the like) into usable ones or sell them into the junk dealers.
5. If you use plastic grocery bags, reuse them for your small trash.
6. Buy products that are organic like food, soap, and detergent.
7. Do not throw you waste (like the candy wrappers or pieces of paper) in the streets, instead keep them in your pocket or bag.
8. You may use cloth diapers for your baby instead of disposable ones.
9. When going to market, use a “bayong,” reusable bags, or a eco-bags.
10. Old clothes can be used as rags (like shirts, towels, and shorts).
11. Eggshells can be placed in your orchids. Egg shells can also help in organic planting.
12. Make a scrap paper or use the back of your paper for writing some of your notes.
13. Minimize the use of plastic in any occasion (like plastic plates, glass, spoon and forks.)
14. If you have your monthly period, you may use “pasador” instead of using sanitary napkins.
15. Join the seminars in your barangay about proper waste management. Try to support projects that deal with proper waste management.
I think that only if all of us would be steward of our planet, we would not suffer that much from environmental problems. We must remember that solid waste materials can cause imbalance in nature like pollution and global warming. But we can change the world into a better place if we would start within us. Let us try to discipline ourselves especially in disposing our garbage. The future of our country depends on us. Let us help the next generation to also enjoy the planet we live in.
About the author:
Emily S. Ancheta, the contributor, is a science teacher in Pinagbuhatan High School, Pasig City, Philippines. She believes that discipline is the number one factor in managing solid waste. Her facebook account is firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMER: Since the copyright of the contributions belongs to the authors, OurHappySchool.com is not liable to any infraction that the contribution/s may commit.
QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:
What could be your share in protecting and preserving our environment? Explain your answer.
INTERACTIVE ONLINE ACTIVITY:
In the comment section below, write your short answer to the “Question for discussion”. Ask at least 5 friends (not from your school) to write a reaction on your comment (also in the comment section below, not in Facebook). Print your and your invited friends’ comments and submit the pront-out to your teacher.
Tags: 15 Ways To Manage Your Solid Waste,Entrepreneurship, TLE (T.L.E.), Economics, Sociology, Social Sciences
To leave comments, click first the ‘Like’ button above (if you have not clicked yet).
Use the 'Share' button below or the ‘Send’ button above to invite friends to read this article.