10 Funny Things About Pinoy (Filipinos)
Filipinos, the people in the Philippines, are arguably great people. They always find way to make hard things easy, and they would always laugh about problems without necessarily becoming irresponsible.
The following are some funny things about Pinoy:
1. Filipinos use laundry detergent to wash your dishes. (symbianize.com)
2. Filipinos ask for 'Colgate' instead of toothpaste. (symbianize.com)
3. Filipinos’ common names for their pet dogs are ‘whitie’, ‘blackie,’ and ‘bantay’.
4. Filipino parents call each other ‘Mahal.’ They call their child 'Anak' or by his or her wonderful Filipino nickname like Jon-jon, Chen-chen, Sa-sa, Jay-jay, Pen-pen, Sen-sen and the like. Filipinos know that they are mad at each other when they use actual names. (philippine-guide.com)
5. In Filipino homes, you would see a huge wooden spoon and fork on the wall, a framed picture of ‘The Last Supper’, a large Santo Nino, and a ‘barrel man’ on their houses. (filipinotraits.blogspot.com)
6. One nice thing about Filipino eating culture is that Filipinos always ask you to share their food. (amabute.wordpress.com)
7. Virtually every street in the Philippines has a basketball court. (mylot.com)
8. Filipinos over the years have proven time and time again that they are a people with an industrious attitude. (goodnewspilipinas.com)
9. Filipinos may have different religions in different sectors of the country, but what is consistent is that they all have one strong form of faith. (slideshare.net)
10. Their saying of “Po” and “Opo” and doing “mano po” are signs of respect.
11. One Filipino eating style is on a banana leaf. (amymorris.org)
12. Filipinos love the so called “Dirty ice cream”.
13. They always have “bayanihan” spirit in their hearts.
14. Eating with one leg up (on the chair) is common. (liveinthephilippines.com)
15. They use fingers to measure the water when cooking rice. (simplyamazinggha.blogspot.com)
I am so proud to be a Filipino. Our people are deliberately cheerful and we are all wiling to face problems. Filipinos will always be one of a kind. Mabuhay!
Cindy T. Guna, the contributor, is from City of San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan.
Question for Discussion:
What Filipino trait do you like most? Why?
To leave comments, click first the ‘Like’ button above (if you have not clicked yet).
Use the 'Share' button below or the ‘Send’ button above to invite friends to read this article.
Tags: Sociology, History, Araling Panlipunan, Philippine Culture, Filipino, Kasaysayan; 10 Funny Things About Pinoy (Filipinos)