10 Ways to Stay Faithful in a Relationship
Being faithful is adhering firmly and devotedly to the one you chose to be committed to. This is one of the valuable factors for a relationship to last.
The following are 10 ways to stay faithful in a relationship:
1. When you are in a relationship, make sure that she or he is the one you really love.
2. If you are already married, accept the fact that you are no longer a Single.
3. Do not give others the impression (by your looks, behavior, or words) that you are still available.
4. Do not put yourself in a situation where you are alone with a member of the opposite sex so it won’t lead into temptations.
5. If someone is making advances, let him clearly know that you are not interested because you are happily committed and have eyes only for your partner.
6. Avoid drugs and alcohol as these can make you do things which you may regret later.
7. Always keep your significant other about what is happening in your life.
8. Regularly spend quality time with your partner and mutually work together in building up the relationship.
9. Make an effort to tend to all aspects of the relationship. Address and find solutions to all problems in your relationship without delay.
10. Make sure that you and your partner are enjoying each other’s company. Be creative for this cause.
For me, keeping one’s commitment is an everyday task. We have to work on it to make it last. Being faithful is a key factor in strengthening a romantic relationship.
About the Author:
Sheila May T. Abuan, the contributor, is a Political Science student of Rizal Technological University. Her frustrated dream is to become a mountain climber. She is a dog lover.
Question for Discussion:
What do you think is the best way to keep the romantic relationship last? Elaborate your answer.
INTERACTIVE ONLINE ACTIVITY:
In the comment section below, write your short answer to the “Question for discussion”. Ask at least 5 friends (not from your school) to write a reaction on your comment (also in the comment section below, not in Facebook). (You may print your and your invited friends’ comments and submit the print-out to your teacher.)
Tags: Ethics, Lessons in Life, Social Studies, Life Lessons, Sociology, Social Sciences
To LEAVE COMMENTS, click first the ‘Like’ button above (if you have not clicked yet).
Use the 'Share' button below or the ‘Send’ button above to invite friends to read this article.
Try our SEARCH ENGINE (upper right section) for your RESEARCH and other interesting articles.