The following are some questions and topics which can be used for essay questions, during discussions, and for oral examinations in Ethics (Moral Philosophy):
Ethics: A Primer
1. Relate ‘morality’ and ‘ethics.’
2. Why is the subject Ethics important?
3. Why is it significant to know the correct foundation of morality?
4. Which is more sensible: moral supernaturalism or moral secularism? Defend your answer.
5. “Secularism or Enlightenment thinking is not the answer to the question on what should be the foundation of morality.” Agree or disagree. Explain your answer.
6. “Atheism inevitably leads to violence and hedonism.” Agree or disagree. Prove.
7. Differentiate moral supernaturalism and moral secularism.
Ethics: General Subject Areas and Fundamental Concepts
1. Differentiate deontology and teleology.
2. Contrast meta-ethics with normative ethics.
3. Why is applied ethics important?
4. Agree or disagree: “Moral universalism is more plausible than moral relativism.” Defend your answer.
5. “Moral cognitivism is more sensible than moral non-cognitivism.” Justify/criticize.
6. “Empiricism, rationalism, and intuitionism are sensible theories in Ethics.” Justify/criticize.