10 Inspirational Quotes in Pursuing Dreams in Life
Religiously speaking, ‘mantra’ refers to the holy words used in meditation. Mantras are sacred words, chants, or sounds that are repeated during meditation to facilitate spiritual power and transformation of consciousness.
Without subscribing to any eastern religious beliefs, we can also have our own ‘mantras’. We can take them from various scholars or writers whose words are essential as they impart valuable lessons in life and inspire us to work for our dreams.
The following are 10 inspirational quotes in pursuing dreams in life which may help you to pursue your dreams and never to give up:
1. “We do not remember days, we remember moments.”
2. “You see things; and you say Why? But I dream things that never were; and I say Why not?”
- George Bernanrd Shaw
3. “Obstacle are what you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”
- Vince Lombardi
4. “All things are difficult before they are easy.”
5. “The Empires of the future are the Empires of the mind”
- Winston Churchill
6. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “There isn’t a person anywhere who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can.”
- Henry Ford
8. “Believe you can, believe you can’t either way, you’re right.”
9. “We must constantly build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.”
10. “A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle.”
About the Contributor:
Jay L. Penillos, the contributor, is a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Major in Filipino at Rizal Technological University (Pasig Campus) and currently taking Master of Arts in Educational Management in his Alma Matter. He is currently teaching at Santolan High School Pasig City.
QUESTION FOR DISCUSSION:
What is your own ‘mantra’ or ‘statement of encouragement’ in your life? Does it work? Elaborate your answer.
INTERACTIVE ONLINE ACTIVITY:
In the comment section below, write your short answer to the “Question for discussion”. Ask at least 5 friends (not from your school) to write a reaction on your comment (also in the comment section below, not in Facebook). Print your and your invited friends’ comments and submit the print-out to your teacher.
Tags: Education, Teacher Training, Life Lessons, Values Education, Sociology, Ethics, Philosophy
To LEAVE COMMENTS, click first the ‘Like’ button above (if you have not clicked yet).
Use the 'Share' button below or the ‘Send’ button above to invite friends to read this article.
Try our SEARCH ENGINE (upper right section) for your RESEARCH and other tasty articles.